Andrea Mowry knocks it out of the park with her Plumpy Shawl pattern. Offered in two sizes and yarn weights - the larger 4-color DK weight version is roughly 24 in. deep and 84 in. wide, and the smaller 3-color Sport weight version is 22 in. deep and 75 in. wide - the Plumpy Shawl incorporates brioche and garter stitch elements for a luscious, squishy shawl.
We are offering 6 color combos in our Studio DK 100% superwash merino wool for the larger 4-color version and 6 color combos in our Capital Luxury Sport 70% merino wool, 20% cashmere, 10% nylon for the smaller 3-color Plumpy.
Our sample is knitted in the Studio DK Shami/Ward Circle/Shepherd Fairey/Georgetown kit.
Studio DK options - 1519 yards/22 oz.*:
- Ramblewood/Cross Street Market/Cedarcroft/Ernest Shaw
- David Hess/Mondawmin/Thomas Circle/Banksy
- Basquiat/Oliver/Bolton Hill/Stephen Towns
- Amy Sherald/Hampden/Fog Point/Remington
- Shami/Ward Circle/Shepherd Fairey/Georgetown
Capital Luxury Sport options - 1080 yards/15 oz:
- Waverly/Alice Gadzinski/Belair
- Oliver/Basquiat/Lake Evesham
- Roland Park/Joyce Scott/Victorian Village
- Woodberry/Shami/Station North
- Cedonia/Fog Point/Remington
- Lakeland/Swoon/Reservoir Hill
*Many knitters are discovering that the pattern's DK yarn requirements are not enough to finish the full shawl, so Neighborhood Fiber Co. has added an extra 30 gms of Color A and Color D to ensure that there is enough yarn.
Care Instructions: Studio DK - Machine wash on gentle cycle using mild soap. Lay flat to dry (recommended) or tumble dry on low heat. We recommend washing with Eucalan as other brands of wool wash have had adverse effects on our yarn. Capital Luxury Sport - Hand wash using mild soap and lay flat to dry (recommended). We recommend washing with Eucalan as other brands of wool wash have had adverse effects on our colors.