Learn about Olga’s philosophy and insight into the distinct principles of knitwear that she uses in her approach while making her dimensional designs, more specifically, her new design Boko-Boko Cowl which is the epitome of 3-D knitting! The Boko-Boko cowl is knit in the round, and uses increases and decreases to create a dramatic effect. Carrying the fingering weight yarn with our Chromium (Stainless Steel & Silk blend) adds a longer lasting effect for wearability of such design and preserves the sculptural look
This is one 2 hour class taught by Olga Buraya-Kefelian in our studio on April 8th from 4-6pm
Skills needed: knowing how to knit, purl, cast on, bind off, increase and decrease.
- Introductory lecture on 3 basic principles of dimensional texture used in knitwear.
- Learning Cast on and Bind off varieties for stretchy edging and it’s purpose for dimensional knitwear.
- Crochet-Chain Cast On for the Boko-Boko Cowl
- Smaller size: 1 Skein of Studio Sock (400yds) and 1 Skein of Chromium (413yds)
- Second size: 2 Skeins of Studio Sock (400yds ea) and 2 Skeins of Chromium (413yds ea)
- Largest size: 3 Skeins of Studio Sock (400yds ea) and 3 skeins of Chromium (413yds ea)
- Size 4 US needles 24in long or needle needed to obtain gauge
- Crochet Hook Size D
- Stitch Markers
- Tapestry Needle
All materials can be purchased in our studio prior to the class. Including the Boko-Boko Cowl pattern, otherwise, please bring your printed pattern to class.
All images copyright Olga Buraya-Kefelian.